Monday, April 16, 2007

RIO HONDO


This is where our journey began. The bus dropped us off literally in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road, the four of us girls with little Spanish speaking capabilities and our sad Lonely Planet book. Fortunately we had the locals on our side and after some cheap hostel shopping we were able to find this amazing resort looking hotel for cheap. We felt like we were living it up in this place even if it was just for one night. With our phrase book in hand we went out and ordered our food in Spanish, I became the official translator of the group but quickly realized I had a lot of work ahead of me. Even though I took Spanish in high school I was seriously rusty, but after our first night we were proud that we had food in our bellies and a nice place to sleep….

No comments: