This was such a beautiful and unique city unlike anything we have seen in Central America thus far. It reminded me a lot of what I would imagine a small European town to look like with cobblestone streets, enormous churches and neat little cafes. I was there for my birthday and it was definitely one of the best one’s I have ever had. We climbed Pacaya Volcano, which was last active in January. There was lava flowing down the side of it and it got so hot that we could smell/feel our shoes melting! We had such a good travelling crew, we met Jen and Bre in San Pedro and instantly clicked, we all travelled the rest of Guatemala together.
After climbing the volcano we came back to our hostel, chilled on the ha
mocks for a little bit then played some fabulous birthday games including musical chairs…and my all time biggest birthday wish…A PINATA!!
Things escalated quickly when I accidentally smoked the dog, but besides that it was a bl
ast. The girls got me a delicious piece of cheesecake and some fisherman pants (which I was looking all over Guatemala for). Scope out those beauties in the pic!
After we left the hostel we went to a checha bar (flavored tobacco) and tried out the strawberry flavor(no worries, completely legal my friends). The power went out in Antigua and the whole place was lit by candles, I truly couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!
No comments:
Post a Comment